Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Really?? Are you kidding me?!?



Oh, Ken.....

The holidays are fast approaching and this is the first year I've had to deal with "co-parenting". Ugh.

Ken and I started talking today and he says to me, "I want Cole on Christmas Eve." Yep, that demanding. I proceed to tell him that "CE" is when my family celebrates the bulk of the festivities and that Chrismas Day isn't as big - we all sort of disperse elsewhere. "What, so you get him when you want and I get the leftovers?", he says. Leftovers....... interesting.

He goes on to complain that "everything is always on my schedule and what if he wants to have him for the week?" I've never said he couldn't and he's never asked. Then he mentions he's only had him once for Christmas, and that was probably for Christmas Day also. Ummm..... Well...... Let me see....... considering we didn't know where he was last year at Christmas, that I talked to him on December 21st and never heard another word from him??? That it wasn't until 4 months later that he finally called!! Aarrrgghh!!!! Seriously, are you kidding me with this??

So now that he's all high and mighty, "cleaned himself up", and has a new-found "family" he wants to call the shots on where Cole spends the holidays?? Um, No. He lives with me 98% of the time and his family is here. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ken finally pulled his head out of his ass to be a dad, but you don't get to call the shots when you just came back into his life 6 months ago.

He's a walking oxymoron. Literally. He tells me that I "owe him" for some extra weekends that he watched Cole in June..... WHAT?!? Did that really come out of his mouth?? I owe him?!? Riiiiiight, because the past 2 1/2 years that my parents took Cole EVERY single weekend doesn't count. Or the 3 years that I raised him by myself. Right, right....... seems fair.

We agreed to disagree about Christmas and that Cole will be with me C.Eve and Ken on C.Day.

I'm trying to be fair about the whole thing, I really am. I always have, "in the best interest of the child" in the front of my mind. Even when he called and said his plane was delayed and couldn't pick up Cole until Saturday, it wasn't a big deal - I could've been a lot nastier. Ken is a fairly decent person but everything has to be about him. "Why am I not getting what I want?", he asked me today. Ohhh.... Gawd.....

And after the "mis-hap" of him not showing up or calling two weekends ago, he wants to throw his weight around. Heh. Oh, Ken.....

2 comments:

cami said...

I've been getting weird spammy crap,to.

And the truck, Bug, the truck...I've still got the truck...

How was "Annie"?

Mari said...

Stay strong Lynnae! You are Cole's mom and YOU know what is best for him.

Better days are coming...

Mama Power!!

Love,
Marisol