Thursday, November 03, 2005

Random geeky blog stuff

Alright.... Dan has figured out the picture and link thing (bravo, btw), I have figured out the link thing as well and Cami... well, Cami has figured out how to whine and amuse us with her all-knowing Asian culture ramblings. (I secretly *love* it). I'm writing just to fill you in on what I have learned.

First, to add links to your friends pages - this is the easiest way I have found: I went to Cami's page and in the sidebar, it lists "Links", followed by "Google News" and then "edit me". I clicked on "edit me" and it brought me to a page that explained how to add your friends links or any other website you want to list. You just have to follow the code/instructions. I just copied and pasted it into my sidebar and violla! Links to Dan, Cami and Todd. Yay me! (This is *huge* for me, really.... do you all understand how tech. challenged I am??)

Please add your friends as a link - that way we can keep in touch easier.

Second, to add links to a website when you're writing a blog, I just did the "www." in front of the site and it did it for me. (Okay, so this one was a no-brainer, but still....)

I also learned that to upload a photo onto my main page I need a URL site?? WTF? My friend Gail graciously explained to me that it must be something like "photobucket". Okay.... well, I have my pics on a disc and this does not help me. Ugh. I even tried to upload a pic on my last blog, following Dan's directions and... nada. I could hear my computer running (yeah, sad I know) and it all seemed to go okay until I viewed my blog with no photo in sight. Ah well.... It's always a fun learning experience.

1 comment:

Jen said...

whoo hoo I think I got my Blog going!!!
http://zanzabar.blogspot.com