Saturday, November 05, 2005

Clearing

Oh dreary day...

It's one of those grey, pouring-down-rain kind of days in Washington. The kind we're used to. The kind where, if I had a laptop (silently cursing Dan and Todd), I'd be under covers in my bed typing this instead. The kind that make you want to snuggle on the couch with a special someone and watch a movie.

Ohhh, I love and hate these kind of days.

And these dreary days make me do a bit of thinking.

I've realized how far I've come in the past three years.

I've raised a handsome little boy who is polite, sensitive, courteous and fairly well-rounded. Don't get me wrong, he LOVES his trucks - "big rigs", especially. But he also loves books, painting, gardening, animals and music. He, on more occasions than I care to count, has kept me going, making me realize that giving up is the easy way out.

I've become a much clearer version of myself. I'm much happier now than I ever was. I like who I am as a person, I don't dread looking in the mirror and I'm content with my body. Yeah, I'm not Jennifer Aniston - I don't care anymore. I realize I'm human and I have flaws.

I have a house, a car, a job and the most amazing group of friends anyone could ask for! And my family?..... Don't even get me started. They've been my ROCK thru the smartest decision I never even had to make for myself. Between my parents helping out with Cole every weekend and Sean and Chantale giving me the Golf..... I'm forever indebted.

Divorce was always the last thing I thought would happen to me, but thank God it did. I have a clearer perspective of what I want now. I'm not going to settle. There are really good people out there. My patience gets the best of me sometimes, but I'm older, wiser and willing to wait. As Ben said, "It can't rain forever ". I hope you're right, I hope to God you're right.

3 comments:

cami said...

I'm jealous its raining, it has rained one time here since Katrina...and that was for Rita.

I'm glad you left Ken,too. You deserve better hon, and I'm so glad you know that.

Lynnae said...

Thanks guys! Some days are easier than others, but I SO appreciate your kind words. Much love.

cami said...

Bug-I updated mine-you were right..this is fun!

C