Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving & The Tree

Yep, so that's my brother Sean. Tying up my son. His nephew. His own flesh & blood.
And Cole absolutely LOVES it!
(this was only one of two photos I got on Thanksgiving?!??)
Thanksgiving was at my parents house with a medium gathering - just about 12 of us. Over the years there has been very large gatherings with both sides of the family and then a couple with just a table-full. This was a happy medium.
I was especially glad to see my bro & sis-in-law Chantale! They were originally attending T-day at her mom & dad's, but a back injury prevented her mom from hosting any festivities. I'm sorry that it had to be under these circumstances, but I am always glad to see them any chance I get!
We spent the rest of the weekend out in the garage. You guessed it - working on the ghia. The first time I came out after Shawn, he had the rear passenger wheel off!! Woo-hoo, cuz they were tough!
Then after lunch I came out to find he was able to remove the passenger seat - completely out of the car! Double woo-hoo! Especially since the floor pans are in beautiful shape!
No photos....?!?!? Gawd, I'm slacking....
He was also able to determine that the drivers door isn't even latched. It's not locked, it's not latched?? So I turn to him, "Wanna try kicking it open?" "Exactly what I was thinking" he said to me. With two swift kicks to the door, careful not to break the glass -
POP!
It's open, the drivers side door is open!!
(again, no pics - tsk, tsk......)

So we've crossed a few things off the "terrible 4" list:

~engine compartment open

~drivers side door open

~passenger seat out

Sweet!

Sunday: Cole had been bugging us all weekend about a Christmas tree. I don't blame him, I'm right there with him. Just more restraint, being an adult and all.

(hahahahahaha!)

It was too late in the day to head to the mountains like last year and the lots are too outrageously expensive! Well, for a Noble Fir, which is what I like. Call me a Christmas tree snob, I don't care.

Soooo...... are you ready for it?? I can't believe it's coming out of my mouth......

We bought a fake tree.

{{ Gasp! }}

I know, I know, I know....... ME with a fake tree. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about fake trees, I just never thought that I would own one.

I think I need to lie down.



Cole doing a beautiful job decorating

4 comments:

Jackie Wood said...

Oh, I have thought about a fake tree many times, but haven't taken the plunge. Every time we bring the cut tree home and traipse it through the front door though, I do think, "Should we get a fake one next year?". Then I smell the fresh tree and once again I am suckered into another year of mess!!

Enjoy a mess free tree, it looks beautiful!!!

Lynnae said...

Thanks!!
I do miss that smell though... but this one will do in the meantime :)

Tracey said...

You really should come to Shelton to buy your tree. Noble firs are a dime a dozen down here and about 1/2 the price of one you would get in Pierce/King County.

I understand the need for a tree, but please tell me you didn't buy one with lights already on it.

TD said...

I've had an artificial/recycled tree for the past 15 years. They tend to wear out every 4-5 years, but by then they have paid for themselves a few times over. No hassle with lights, no hassle with mess.

And here's a hint: if you hang a pine air freshener on an inner limb, you get tree smell too. :-)