Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The times, they are a changin'

The recession. This economy. "It's only going to get worse", I hear.

For me, that's true. OK, I wouldn't say worse. Different.

I walked into my Office Manager's office Tuesday morning and we started chit-chatting about the economy and how it's affecting our business. The construction industry has not been so well-to-do in the last few years, if you haven't noticed.

Then the owner came in. The three of us talked about options and solutions. But there only seemed to be just the one.

Lynnae is now unemployed.

It was a mutual decision, as much as it could be. I understand business, and when it's slow, you start cutting where you can. It's not personal. In fact they raved about how I've been the best assistant they've ever had, that they would give me only the best referrals and even help me compose a "rockin'" resume. I've been let go on the best of circumstances.

I'm unemployed.

It's such a foreign word to me. I've been employed since I was 15-1/2! I've always worked. Ok, except for those 4 months of maternity leave, taking care of a baby Cole - no wait! That was like working triple overtime and not getting paid for it!

In all honesty..........I'm not scared. I never over-reacted, I never cried (if you know me, you know I cry over everything).........at first I thought I was in shock or just numb........but something deep down tells me it will all work out.

Everything Happens For A Reason

Gawd, that's been the story of my life, but as cliche as it sounds - IT'S SO TRUE. I'll be able to enjoy Christmas........really *ENJOY* it.............get the house in order.......work on the ghia.........pick Cole up from school..........and look for a job that interests me........(not just the first one, to get out of Tully's).......heck, I even thought of that! I could go back to Tully's for awhile, who knows.

3 comments:

cami said...

OH, Bug, that's crappy. But I know bigger and better things are around the corner for you!

Jackie Wood said...

I am sorry to hear about the job, but I have to say that your attitude is amazing. I wish you all the best in your new "down" time and with your search ahead.

Lynnae said...

Thanks ladies~ your support is much appreciated! And now I have more time to BLOG!!!!!!

Mwuahahaha!