Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas !!



Whew..... All I have to say is:

Thank God It's Over

It was a pleasantly memorable Christmas, it really was. I'm just thankful it's over with. As much as I love Christmas, it was too stressful this year.

Between stressing about money and time, I was exhausted.

Cole and I did have a nice gift exchange and lunch with Todd, Tyler and Kayleigh. Cole got trucks - bravo T, how did you know?? :P The kids taught Cole all about video games - oh crap, and now it starts...... But the funniest part of the afternoon was Cole wanting to write in the journal that we gave Kayleigh. "Momma, she didn't shawe and dat's not nice. I'n not gonna be hew fwiend.", he told me. Trying to explain to a 4 1/2 year old that it's her special book and she might not want to share - doesn't work like it should.

I puchased the last of the gifts and Cole helped me wrap. He and tape do not get along. Poor child!

I had to work Saturday - surprise, surprise - until 4:30. UGH!! I rushed home then rushed out to Graham for the festivities at my parents. Cole had stayed out there Friday night and hadn't been feeling well. Lucky for all, otherwise he would've been bouncing off the walls.

We opened gifts with all of us taking turns and Cole shouting, "You're up!". God forbid we go any slower. He got a scooter from G & G and began flying through the house. Thank God for no stairs!

Christmas morning, I awake to Cole whispering, "Momma, I tink I'm gonna frow up...". Yep, that's how my blessed Chrismas morning began. Poor kiddo. He only got a little sick, but was very lathargic for a 4 year old who just got a ton of toys from Santa.

We hurried and ate breakfast and then I had to haul Cole to meet his dad.

At 11am.

An hour away.

On CHRISTMAS morning. Argh.

Next year will be later. I understand that Ken wants and deserves to see his son, but I'm not going to interrupt Cole's festivities as much as possible next year. It's just not fair to him. And that's what all of this is about anyway.

And now Cole is gone for ....A WEEK..... at his dads. A week without him. Wha?? What am I going to do? Who am I?? I'm wondering who this is going to be harder on......

Hope you all had a FANTASTIC holiday. Next year will be better. This one wasn't bad by any means, I'm just ready to get things moving - whatever that is.

Love you all! Hugs

5 comments:

Hillary said...

AWW! I hope your little guy is feeling better. Take the time for yourself and do something fun. :) I was away from my daughter for a week once for my honeymoon and it was terrible. I wanted to go home after only 3 days. Your son will be happy to see you when he gets to come home and I am sure he will miss you a bunch. :)

Lynnae said...

Thanks sweetie! So good to hear from you again. I need to get your link up on my blog - sorry.

Lynnae

cami said...

Awww-I bet you are missing your little guy.

We were sick at Christmas,too. First Rowan, then me, then Marks parents, then Mark on Christmas day. Good times.

The girls are in Missouri still with Mark-I will admit to missing them hardly at all, because I am a crappy mother,LOL. I'm listening to NPR all day and cleaning-wahoo!

Merry Christmas Bug.

Anonymous said...

My sister's whole family got sick just a couple days before. Nasty barfin' sick. Seems to have passed. . .

Lynnae said...

Thanks "popeye". Thanks for sharing your barfing stories. :)

~LJA