Tuesday, January 10, 2006

M E X I C O !

Woh, Mexico...
it sounds so simple,
I just got to go.
The sun's so hot
I forgot to go home,
guess I'll have to go now.

Mexico, James Taylor


Ohhhh yeeeaaaahhh........ In about 3 days, I'll be in sunny Mazatlan !! Away from this drab and dreary-ness. Ahhhhh.....

Are you jealous?? Cuz you should be. I say that with the most love. :) This was my "divorce" present from my parents (LOVE them!). I've been to Mexico before, Puerto Vallarta with my brother about 5 years ago. If you've met my mom, you know the story that goes with it. I won't repeat it - it makes me wince every time.

I plan on doing Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Yes this, to me, is what a vacation is. I know we'll hit the local market and maybe take a day tour to one of the villages in the mountain/jungle. But other than that, I plan to park my keister in a lounge chair and sunbathe.... Soak up the rays.... Revel in the planet that is the ruler of this Leo.... Jumping in the pool or ocean to cool off every hour or so.

It's a sort of family trip, also. I'm flying down with my brother Sean and sis-in-law Chantale. My sister Kathy and her girlfriend Emily are flying down to meet us there, from Minnesota. I was worried about being left out as the only "single", but my sister put me at ease early on, "I want to spend time with my *siblings*", she said emphatically. Yay! :)

This marks the first time I will really be *away* from Cole. Since he was born. Ugh. I did have my first vacation to Sun Lakes last summer without him, but it was only 4 days and a 3 hour car trip. And yes, he stayed at his dad's for a week between Christmas and New Years, but again - a 3 1/2 hour drive away. Plus I was busy with work and friends. Not lounging around, doing nothing. We'll see.....

I joked with friends that I will get down there and phone my parents at the end of the week to,"send me Cole - I'm not coming back." Don't laugh, it could happen. It very well could happen. I would miss my family and friends, but the rat-race really gets to me sometimes. What I wouldn't give to chuck it all and start over sometimes. In a warm, tropical place. Ahhhh.....

As I sit here and "write" this, I think of all the mix of people that read it: family, friends, ex's, co-workers, high school alumni, older, younger and possibly complete strangers. Funny how many lives you touch.

So....... bring on the margaritas!!!! I'm ready!

I blew out my flip-flop
Stepped on a pop-top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Wastin' away again in margaritaville.....

Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett


Adios !!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You are going to have sooo much fun in Mazatlan. I went there 5 years ago and it was awesome! Oh and they have great margaritas too! :)

Jen said...

Viva la Mexico!

Labamba la vida loca, chimichanga!

I love Mexico, I am soooo jealous. I have been a few times. Cancun an Ixtapa. I am really thinking about taking a long weekend myself in Cabo. Margaritas in Mexico taste way better than in Seattle! I hope you have the bestest ever time. Now that the holidays are behind us, we HAVE to meet for coffee. (my new years resolution is following through :)