Thursday, December 01, 2005

SNOW !


It started snowing today and it was beautiful! The calm, the quiet, the covering of the ugliness around us. Okay, so I was at work and it was busy - everyone and their brother wanting freaking egg nog lattes. Ugh.

The snow is a HUGE delight for me. I love it! I had a smile plastered across my face all day. (well, that was for other reasons also...) It's a cleansing, almost. Clearing the slate for a new beginning. God dangit - another sign.

I need to pay attention to these more carefully. Take things for what they are. Take people for what they are. Take their words for what they are. People really do speak the truth in so many ways. We just tend to change it into what we want to hear or believe. Heh - stupid humans.

Evaluating my life and way of living has been my main focus for the past three years. And I have to admitt, I'm a bit tired. Tired of thinking all the time. I over-analyze everything, and I'm finding out that many other women do it also. "Turn it off" has been a motto I try to live by lately, but it's not easy.

We all want different things, and that's okay. But the games and the bullshit and the bulk of the men out there really suck. Ah well. What can you do? Maybe it can snow in my head and wipe the slate clean.

Either way, I know Cole enjoyed the snow. I could picture him grinning at school when it started falling.

Snow.... my rare escape from reality once in awhile. Let it blanket us, so we can forget all of the ugliness for a bit. There's always tomorrow. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow !!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Whoo hoo! I love the snow today. I made slush angels! They rocked! By the way, it totally snowed cause I did my snow dance. It always works.

cami said...

Jen...come dance your snow dance down here!

Seriously jealous about the snow, though we'll get to see some in St Louis at Christmas, and that's enough for me. I am officially an old fuddy-duddy now about snow.

Lovely post, why else are you smilin, Bug? Tell us! Tell us!

Hillary said...

I loved the snow too. I hope it snows more this year. I know how you feel about it being an escape from reality. :)

Tracey said...

What happened to you? Where did you go? You had something on after the "snow" blog and now it is gone...come back, come back!!

T