Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

HOORAY FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY!

With our country (and world) in turmoil, it was nice to 'get back to basics' and celebrate what this country is all about - FREEDOM! And we couldn't have planned a nicer, more GORGEOUS weekend if we tried. I'm telling you...... it. was. BEAUTIFUL!!

All week leading up to the 4th it was sunny, blue skies and reaching 90 degrees! And although I'm not a fan of the HEAT, I'll take the SUN any day!

We had such a great weekend, just wish Anna could've shared it with us :(


Cole making dad a 4th of July card
Then we headed to the Freedom Fair down at Ruston Way in Tacoma. Come to find out, this enormous 'block party' has been going on for 30 years?!?! I've lived in T-town for 12 and have never been. Wha??

It's not far from our house at all, so I guess I'm just used to seeing the planes & jets practicing and catching glimpses of them thru the trees. I never thought of actually going DOWN there. sheesh, see what I've been missing!?
VERY cool manuevers right over Commencement Bay!


Cole *LOVED* the A-10 and the Harrier



Starting to get a little heat stroke, I think....

Cole & Dad watching the Harrier


SO, SO, SO COOL TO SEE!! It just hovered and hovered there with this huge, massive jet blowing into the water. He even rotated it a full 360 degrees and went backwards!! A great ending to a great day!

No comments: