Friday, February 06, 2009

More projects


I took some photos of the frame I spraypainted. Nothing big, I was just super excited at how well it turned out. Trying to get the lighting, flash, etc. to work together were another thing. Maybe I should start studying photography..... hmmmm..... I like the sound of that!




My next awesome find was my new curtains!! (Our. Our new curtains :)
I had been looking and looking.... I've had the curtain rod up there since before Shawn moved in..... I was always going to make them myself (how hard can they be, right? it's just two big rectangles.) Well, fabric prices are the culprit! Holy crap! Even when I found a neutral green-tan cotton velvet low-priced and 50% off ($9. a yard), it was still cheaper to buy them pre-made.
Grrrrrr.......
But then I found these:
100% Tan Cotton Velvet with cool metropolitan grommets. Ahhhh!
I swear, I thought they were mis-marked. The tag at the end of the metal post thingy they hang on said "$7.99". WHAT?? It's probably a mistake, they left off the "1" in front of the 7..... they're supposed to be $17.99, which still would've been a great deal since they normally sell for 24.99 to 29.99 PER panel.
So I go scan them. Yep, they were marked wrong.
THEY RANG UP AT $7.10 PER PANEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you kidding me?!? $14.00 for velvet curtains?
SCORE!


1 comment:

LovelyConfusion94 said...

They look great! I can't believe you paid that cheap for velvet. You're now my enemy lol :)

BTW love your blogs! feel free to read some of mine.