Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Shawn




I love him.

It's that simple really. No drama. No strings attached.
Just a good guy - a *GREAT* guy - that I was lucky enough to meet.
He "gets" it. He knows how to be in a relationship. He validates my feelings, however quirky or girlie they may be. He's strong and gentle all in the same being. Is that possible? Believe it.

I think I value him more because of what I've been through, what I've learned. That having a partner doesn't complete me, but accentuates.
I don't need him here, I want him here.
That when people leave, life does go on

You've heard it from me before, it's my mantra...
~Everything happens for a reason~
He is a great reason for all the sh!t I went through.

I tell him daily, but today I just felt like shouting it from the rooftops:

I LOVE YOU!

Shawn & Cole (and Bugsy) reading a bedtime story
Tonka, of course


2 comments:

Tracey said...

I am so happy for you. Isn't it nice to be in a place in a relationship when you can shout it from the rooftops.

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post, I am so happy for you both. Enjoy being together!