Friday, December 22, 2006

** CHRISTMAS 2006 **

Little man meets the big man


Awwww.... where's the kleenex?

The tree

Cole & Mom

"So this is Christmas...." Whew! I'm blessed, I'm thankful. The season really does something to me. Perspective. Appreciation. Wonderment.

I came into work today with a completely different mindset. I was angry, upset and brought to tears by a stupid man at Cole's daycare. I pushed open the door to leave and BAM! ran into a guy. Not on purpose. Not being careless. I just pushed the door open and there was a man with his little boy.

Instantly I said, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!". He just stared at me.

There was a long pause. A seriously LONG pause.

It felt like a minute went by.

He just stood there and looked at me. Awkward, uneasy silence. I could feel my blood boiling. As the door was still open and he walked inside, I just said, "WOW!"

I couldn't muster anything else. I was so angry, it didn't even make sense to me. How could he upset me so much? I didn't do anything wrong, no one got hurt, and I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE!!!

Gawd.....

I was tearing up as I drove to work. Why?? Now I know how crazy people feel.

It's OK, Christmas is this weekend. Family and gifts and Santa. Thank goodness for Cole.

It's going to be a busy next couple of days with umpteen families to deal with but I can relax on the 26th - I took the day off, just to rub it in. ;)

In honor of my favorite,

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

"Eddie, can I refill your Eggnog, drive you out to the middle of knowhere, leave you for dead?"

"Surprised? If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised, Eddie."

"Save the neck for me, Clark."

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


No comments: