Thursday, November 30, 2006

Let it S N O W !



Cole checking out the Wishbook, just like Mama used to do....


Child Labor



...and the payback !

Yes, that's right, you're looking at photos of Cole in the snow. In Washington. Every once in a blue moon we DO get snow. I love it, I love everything about it. The sound, the smell, the sparkle. I don't even mind the cabin fever so much. Having Cole makes it all new again.

We were watching the Seahawks and Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football and you would've sworn they were playing in the frozen tundra. But nope, it was in Seattle. Snow all over the field. Qwest Field, that is. Cole was almost in tears because the Seahawks had snow and we didn't - yet. Shortly after, it started falling. I knew right then that we'd be staying home the next day. One inch and the city practically shuts down. And for good reason - we're not equipped for it, and no, we *don't* know how to drive in it.

We ventured out at 8:30pm to play in the snow and what a great time we had! Being a kid, you don't care if it's cold and wet and your gloves are soaked. You just want to stay out as long as your mom will let you. We got some great memories and photos out of it, so it was worth every frozen minute.

Tuesday was a different story...........No school, like I assumed, but it was so dang COLD, you couldn't stay out there for more than 10 minutes! The streets were solid ice, so I didn't dare drive anyplace. I was teetering over driving my car to Metropolitan Market to get a coffee but ruled against it. Knowing my luck, I'd get in a wreck - all in the name of coffee. Not worth it. But when my caffiene headache kicked in around 2pm I said 'screw it!' and off we went without incident.

It's grey and cloudy again, just as the Northwest usually is........I guess it makes us marvel in the snow that much more. I know if I had to live with it everyday, I wouldn't love it as much. Such is life.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I wish I would have gotten some of my kids playing in the snow.