Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

......And what a cold & blustery but spook-tacular Halloween it was! Cole was Bob the Builder, go figure. I almost had to force him into the "homemade" costume. My own fault, I guess, since I've bought him one every year previous. But he had all the makings already, so it was a no-brainer to me. He's got the tools, the hard hat, the 'spenders, the knee hole jeans, etc. etc.

We met up with his friend Scott, his mom and little brother along with their nieghbors for a hayride in Wright Park and then off to their neighborhood to do some good ol' fashioned trick-or-treating. Just like the old days.... The kids were troopers and made out like bandits - huge, full-size candy bars from most houses!! With Cole not really liking candy, I get stuck with it. Great. Maybe I'll bring it in to work for the guys...

The most memorable part for me - other than seeing my offspring having a fantastic time with his buddy - was getting a peek into the old homes of Tacoma's North Slope. Scott's mom knows all her neighbors and so we stopped and chatted with almost all of them, inviting us into their foyers and such. Ahhhhh....... I was immersed in these spectacular, grand homes that have history just oozing from every crack in their 100 year old original wood floors. Breathtaking. Most were on the Historical Registry as well. And for the bargain price of $430,000. you too could own a 5 bedroom, 3400sf semi fixer upper. That's reduced 20 grand form the original asking price!!


Mama & Cole on the hayride
Owen, Scott & Cole - looking at his tools...

The GANG !!

Awww.......

Oh, and my nephew Beans :)

No comments: