Monday, January 30, 2006

Almost feels like spring



I can't believe that a week ago I wrote that I was glad to be home. The ocean, the palm trees, the sun, the sand, the r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g. Ahhhh......... But I really am glad to be back in this hell-hole that is Tacoma. :)

And as the title says, it "almost feels like spring". Spring to me is new beginnings. New tasks. New obstacles. New life out of the dead of our rainy and dreary winter. This one being especially rainy and tumultuous. I sincerely believe I have changed and morphed over the past year, since the previous spring. It's funny who floats in and out of your life. The constants are there, but not yours to keep. For whatever reasons. But spring brings the promise of new and exciting things to come. I *love* that feeling. I've been feeling it for the past week.

I finally got to see Super Deluxe after about a year!!!!!! God, I forget how much I love them. They put on the greatest live shows!! The show was at Neumo's in Seattle right off Broadway and although I had to open the next morning (6:30 am), it was my idea to go, so Shawn drove. The band on before SD ended (couldn't tell you their name, have you met me and my memory??) and on the way to the bar we bump into Braden Blake, the icon of a popstar that he is. Shawn has seen them umpteen times and the two rambled about random show venues. I threw in my two cents about them playing at (what was) Fenders in T-town. He even introduced us to his wife who was having her 39th birthday that night. He's a normal joe. Although I've met them all before, it was usually *after* the shows when we were all pretty trashed.

Their set was fantastic and although I have to admit I've seen better, nothing compares to the whole crowd singing all the lyrics to Years Ago... "despite the fight of intellect, instinct will rule...". Beautiful. Neumo's is a fairly small venue and it was packed! With Shawn singing in my ear behind me, I was in musical heaven. :)

And the weekend just got better from there.

Sunday was a casual, lounging, snuggling-on-the-couch kind of day. Breakfast and coffee and Dazed and Confused..... My type of relaxation. :)

Been catching up on some of my "list of movies" also:

Cold Mountain - Highly recommended. Gut wrenching and a realization that you're stronger than you think. Renee Zellweger steals the show! (and those of you who know me, know how much I can't really stand the woman - divorcing Kenny Chesney?? don't get me started...)

Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind - Brilliant. I'm going to have to watch it again for my own sake, but really amazing.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - .....ugh..... I hate to admit that I watched it, not to mention that I liked it. The whole Brad/Angelina fiasco turns my stomach - me being a HUGE Jennifer Aniston supporter. (he's a slimeball and Miss Jolie, who used to wear the vile of Billy Bob Thornton's blood around her neck?? forgot about that one, didn't ya?) But I really want their kitchen in my future house!! That was kick-ass!!

I'm looking forward to moving forward. Spring - it's right around the corner. Our days are already getting longer! It's still light out at like 5:15 !!!!! Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

cami said...

OKay, well, Mr and Mrs Smith was not a *great* movie-but COME ON! Brad *and* Angelina...together..mmmmm...

Mark teases me mercilessly for my crush on Angelina Jolie, but hey-she's totally Jump the Fence worthy. And her and Brad TOGETHER-yummy. Totally.

Miss you Bug.

Cami