Sunday, October 11, 2009

New job, sicknesses & football

Yes, I'm lumping it all into ONE post. Don't judge me.

I don't have any photos to post with it either. {{sigh..}}

I started my new job last week. (last week?? well, the week before this past week. I've been there for two weeks now, you get the drift.)

I'm working for DaVita in downtown Tacoma. It's a kidney dialysis company business office and I'm working in Payroll - which is the funnest group ever! I was pretty much thrown into my job that Monday. Since I was the only one who could make it to training, they decided to move my training day to the following Monday. Soooo, Miss Lynnae was introduced, warmly welcomed and a tad overwhelmed.

By Wednesday night I had the scratchy, ashtray throat, want-to-crawl-in-bed feeling. Bleh.
I made it through the week, but just barely.

The weekend came - thank GAWD! - and I was still sucking cough drops, but felt better at Cole's first football game. I was thankful to actually stay home and watch the Seahawks on TV, rather than trekking to the game. I just wanted to rest after my first full week of work.

On Sunday, Cole came down with a 24 hour flu.... Poor guy was drifting in and out of sleep on the couch. After taking some Tylenol and forcing him to have some bites of a Ritz cracker, as I'm tucking him in, he says to me, "Mom.. I feel horrible. Just horrible!" Awwww.... poor guy! He even asked me if he had to go to school the next day. "No" I told him, "don't worry". He did get up after I went to bed and got sick. Shawn was still up, so he took care of him and they watched a hunting show together. Shawn stayed home with him Monday and he was pretty much better by the time I got home from work.

I was doing great until Tuesday night when I got another head cold! Aaarrgghh! I'm so sick of being sick! So, I muddled through the rest of the week with sniffles, sneezing, stuffy nose and a constant sinus headache. Bleh.

Cole had his 2nd football game Saturday and they did AWESOME, winning 30 - 6!! You've never seen the Detroit Lions play like this!

Anna had her first high school dance Saturday night, her Homecoming dance with her boyfriend James. She sent me a photo on my phone and Oh. My. Gosh. She looked GORGEOUS!! Haven't got all the details yet, but sounds like they had a very magical night :)

All in all, things are good. I'm so happy to be employed and it's a little surreal to be working where my friends work and have always tried to get me to work.. and so nice to have friendly, familiar faces :)

1 comment:

cami said...

I'm happy that you are happy about the new job! But sickness sucks. Koreans are hilarious about swine flu- everyone is wearing masks and freaking out. We had it this spring, so I think we're good!

Glad you are better, I miss you Bug!