Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Canning

This past Saturday, Shawn & I attempted our first try at canning and let me tell you, it went quite well!
A HUGE THANK YOU to my wonderful mom-in-law, Linda, for two wonderful recipes! And all the canning advice that goes along with it. I'm just surprised (and thankful) that we didn't end up calling you over and over for tips!


Tomatoes. This was surprisingly easy! Boil them for a sec, peel them & cut them. Easy, easy, easy! I can't wait to try them this fall in some chili or goulash.

PICKLES! (and some peppers, whew!) These will -hopefully- be just as amazing as they smelled! Shawn takes all the credit for these babies!



Sauerkraut! This was the most simple of them all! Cabbage, salt, sugar, vinegar, boiling water and it's done! No water bath, nothing! Keeping my fingers crossed on these guys. They should be AWESOME!



1 comment:

Jackie Wood said...

Love pictures of canned items, they look so nummy in their jars waiting to be opened. I LOVE sauerkraut, might have to borrow your recipe!