Monday, March 23, 2009

The "Keeper" Ghia


We had to sell the blue Ghia and that makes me sad. I had such HIGH hopes for her. Found her in a field and saved her from the crusher and all. But she had waaaay tooooo much rust to be salvaged. By us or anyone else. She's going to be a parts car. And I'm positive she'll be the best at it. Bon Voyage Blue, I'll miss ya.........

But Shawn found me a CHERRY of a Ghia in Marysville. And she's got quite her own little story to tell. (more on that later) She's a CALIFORNIA car. Which means she's DRY. She's rarely, if ever, seen the rain. She comes from the southern Bay area - Stanford, Pleasanton, Palo Alto, Danville, Berkeley. And we've got receipts from about everything that was done to her from 1991 to present. (but that still leaves a huge gap from 1969 to 1991, I'm working on that)

She's beautiful. And I'm really digging the color! We may keep it, who knows.
"Raspberry Beret" ?? "Strawberry Shortcake" ?? Hmmmm.....






This is her, circa 1998, in California,
on the road and running!

Fast-forward 11 years to 2009, in her new home








No comments: