Monday, March 02, 2009

It's March ?!?!?

I can't believe it's March already...... it was just Christmas and we were post-poning the honeymoon to the Caribbean to April. That's next month!!!!! Aye!!

How is it that when you have a job, you get all these tasks done along with your regular work schedule....... but when it comes to having NO job, your day takes flight in really weird ways?? I don't sleep in *that* much, I get up at by 7:30 to get in the shower and get Cole up, fed and off to school at 8:45........ I get dishes done everyday, I throw in some laundry, pick up around the house, etc., etc......... but I never really feel like I get anything MAJOR accomplished. Am I the only one with this problem? Don't get me wrong, I have my Super Hero days where I get a sh!t ton done, but that's rare. Do my other stay at home mom friends have this same dilemma?

Much. Needed. Evaluation. Or RE-evaluation. But somethin's gotta change.

In other good news, we are down to just 4 cars (physically) and only 3 in our name! At one point we had: '08 Pathfinder, '97 Golf, '88 Pulsar, '72 Dodge truck and '73 Karmann Ghia.

Since we didn't need the Golf any longer and since my bro & Chantale only had one vehicle, it seemed only right to 'give' them back the car they initially 'gave' to me. (which saved my butt in all sorts of ways!!) I say 'gave' since they had given it to me after being newly divorced and stuck with a (great!) car that didn't always like to go after it was stopped. They sold it to my Dad for a decent price and now he 'sold' it back to them and it now goes into the Anderson Family Trust. A family car. In case things happen. Like they always seem to do.

So the Golf is gone - down to only 4.

We decided it was in the best interest to -sniff, sniff- sell the Ghia.........
It really does make me sad. I had the best of intentions for her. But she's just not well enough to be restored. Too much rust around, well, pretty much the bottom 1/4 of the entire car. All 4 fenders and the Rocker Panels (where you step into the car, that 'railing' along the bottom), those run $500 bucks A PIECE thru any catalog!! We discovered she had major nose damage and the previous owner did a shotty job of piecing another half of a nose (from a green Ghia) on to this one and just slathered it with Bondo.

I had it on Craigslist for a few weeks at $500 bucks (figured they could talk me down to 300-400), stating that it was a "SERIOUS project car" and that if you had metal fabrication skills, this one was for you! No takers. Well, just one guy who chapped my hide a little and offered me $250. for it. Grrrrrrr.

So we parted it out on Craigslist. No takers. Except for that guy again. I let Shawn deal with him. Turns out, his 14 year old daughter fell in love with them and he's building one for her, for when she's 16. Awwwwww...... :) He paid us for it and will be here to get it in a few weeks. It saves us from cutting pieces off, and having the skeleton hauled away. I'll be so sad to see her go.........

So that leaves us with -technically- 3 vehicles!! Yay!! And our neighbors will be so happy.

The new Ghia we get this month will fit nicely in the garage :)


And here's some SUNNY photos - we did have a few nice days with BLUE skies and everything! Bugsy even ventured out a little!


Bugsy in the Sunshine!



2 comments:

Jackie Wood said...

Oh yea about the staying at home and not feeling like you can get as much done.

When I quit to stay home (yikes 8 years ago), our lives were pretty crazy having two full time positions and Rachel. I thought, "I will be at home and can take care of everything so that we can have our weekends free from chores". Well...that never happened. Life has a way of filling up your plate no matter what.

Once Rachel got older and went to school I thought for sure I would have more time to get it all done. Once again, that never happened.

Now with a business, homeschooling, and taking care of things around I seem to get more done. Go figure!!

Lynnae said...

Thank you Jackie, for making me feel normal (once again)! It's liberating to know it's not just ME!

whew!