Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping

Anna & Cole

Cole LOVED his mini 'beers'




Shawn, Cole & Anna digging for treasures




The Family =)


Cathartic/symbolic/(tearful) burning
Ahhhhhhhh..............!




For the girls BIRTHDAY weekend (Anna's is July 28th and mine is the 29th) we decided to go camping!

Technically, the long weekend started with our annual trip to Wild Waves for some fun in the sunshine! Thankfully for Shawn & Anna, I'm not so awe-struck anymore and don't walk around oooh-ing and awww-ing at the things that changed (or didn't change at all). It still brings back a HUGE memory rush, considering it was almost in my backyard and my girlfriends & I spent 2 or 3 solid summers there. Everyday. (Ok, I exaggerate) What a great way for our parents to get rid of us!
---------->Sorry for the delay on this post. Camping was almost a week ago. I got sick on my Birthday - Tuesday, and haven't felt 100% since. Sore throat, the aches, the kind where you just want to crawl in bed. All. Day. Long. And that's just what I did - had myself a nice little Nyquil martini and called it a (birth)day.
Anyway, camping was great! Great weather, long days filled with adventures on the beach and in the trail. And the CAMPFIRE!!! Did I mention the campfire?!?!? That's my favorite part - warm and toasty by the campfire, roasting marshmallows and then watching the embers glow into the wee hours. Heaven.
Hope you're all well, in every sense of the word. Being sick makes you realize that you can't control everything. Grrrrrrrr.
My brother's 40th BIRTHDAY PARTY is this weekend!!! Stay tuned for photos and stories, stories, stories!

3 comments:

Jackie Wood said...

Being sick on your birthday is just so wrong. I agree, the campfire and roasting marshmallows is the best part of camping. Love when "cleaning the kitchen" means throwing the plates on the fire, my kind of cleaning!

cami said...

Nooo...sick on your birthday!? Yuck! I love the photos- they make me homesick for the beach. beaches here are pretty, but boring-no critters like geoducks and stuff. Also no slimy seaweed, which I guess is a plus.

Miss you Bug, I would *love* to have looked through your stash-o-memories before the bonfire. I still can't believe you did it- I could never-!

I will also be getting you back soon, little missy. I truly pee'd my pants, tears down my face, cursing you the whole time!I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, L!