Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recovery


Ohhhh.... this has been painful.

All 4 wisdom teeth pulled last Thursday - and still in pain...

I was totally fine Thursday after the surgery. My doctor called to check on me Thursday night and I raved about how great I felt! I was just amazed!

I even went shopping Friday morning - high as a kite on pain meds, but I felt goooood.

Then, as if on cue Friday night, the pain set in. Fast!

You know the feeling - like when you haven't worked out in awhile and go for a jog. You're fine that day! Feel like you could run a marathon! And then you get up the following day...... yep, just like that.

My jaw just ACHED.

Worse than childbirth?? Right now, I'd have to say YES! Although it's funny how pain doesn't seem to have a memory.

Anyway, I suffered through the weekend. Shawn made me mashed potatoes Sunday night (finally, REAL food!!).

I came to work on Monday, just to get an hours worth of work done and then home to my couch and lovely pain meds!

Tuesday wasn't much better. At least I had my follow-up appointment with the doctor. Maybe she could confirm that I had 'dry-socket' on the right side, since it ached with a vengance! She just said that everything looked normal and that it's a longer recovery for adults.....

"Really? No dry-socket?", I asked, puzzled. "Nope, everything looks healthy and normal. You could be in pain for another week, it's just how it goes." she replied.

Ugh.

3 comments:

Jackie Wood said...

I am so sorry that you are still in pain. There is nothing worse than constant pain. Big hugs and I hope the pain meds can give you some relief.

Tracey said...

Yikes! Doesn't sound like you are having any fun. Drink milkshakes!!!

Lynnae said...

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and support. It is very, very, VERY much appreciated!! :)