Monday, June 30, 2008

Pacific Beach

We finally got some sunshine here in Washington!!!
(Or..... HOLY CRAP, can it get any hotter??)
We needed it, we love it and then we complain about how HOT it is. Or at least I do. hehe.
We spent Saturday (94 degrees?) painting Mom & Dad's exterior of their house. This was a birthday/Mother's Day/Father's Day gift from Sean, Chantale, Shawn & I. (insert awwwww here)
I'm all about practical gifts - things you can USE. So when their birthdays came around in April we were all racking our brains on what to get them. I remember Mom saying they wanted to paint th house this year and bingo!, that sparked my idea.
A BIG THANK YOU to our friends for helping out, so unselfishly!! We had Sean, Chantale, Shawn, myself, Derek, Jo, Otto, Sammy, Glen, Anna & Cole. When all was finished, we painted my parents 1600 square foot rambler and my Dad's HUGE 4 car shop/garage. All in about 6 hours! In 90 degree heat. Did I mention the heat?? Thank God for Grammy's pool!! (I forgot my camera for the day, so mom has all the photos. poop)
We knew Sunday was going to be another scorcher, so we had to have a plan. I suggested Owen's Beach, since it's just down the road at Pt. Defiance or even Dash Point State Park. Anything with water. Shawn said, "How about the ocean?" "The ocean-ocean??", I asked
So we hopped in the Pathfinder and set out on a road trip. We often forget that the ocean is really only about a 1.5 to 2 hour trip from Tacoma. That's it! It was a gorgeous drive! By the time we left the house, it was already hotter inside the house than it was outside. ugh. We drove through beautiful Olympia and Shelton (I waved to you Tracey, did you see??). Hoquiam & Aberdeen were just perfect!! Breezy and 75-80 degrees!! Perfection!
Then we got to the coast. I'm reading the outside temp. gauge and it says 64. It's cloudy, overcast and FOGGY! Driving big black onto the beach, we couldn't even see the ocean! How strange is that?? Here we are in shorts and tanks and I have to wrap a towel around me to stay warm. Hahaha!!
Shawn, Cole & the Pathfinder on the beach
can you see the ocean?
digging to China


monkey


We had a GREAT time though. It wasn't crowded and we were able to walk the beach and look for treasures. Made us all hungry for crab too!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Shoot, I didn't notice you waving, next time honk...: )