Wednesday, July 18, 2007

All Moved In









W h e w.



No. More. Boxes.



It's done. Well, almost. We moved the majority of my stuff out and brought some of Shawn's stuff in and we're done. Good Lord, I had a lot of crap. OK, not so much crap, but stuff that I didn't need, didn't use, didn't know was still there, etc., etc.


We took 3 truckloads (out of my house alone) to Goodwill and I have to say...... it felt gooooooood! I empty my closets every now and then but never had to deep clean like this before. And it's different than just doing it yourself. With someone there helping you, you're more accountable for what you hold onto. "Do I really need this?" "Am I really going to use this?" I got rid of a ton of stuff that was still useable and decent, but didn't really know *why* I had it.
Moving Day itself went surprisingly well, other than the muggy heat. But with half our belongings out on the lawn, it beats the rain. And by the time we all settled at 9 or 10 pm, we couldn't get those fans going fast enough.


We're still going thru things in the house still. I think once you get in the 'purging' mode, you just want to keep going! Even Cole got in on it - we promised him the old TV for video games and he was all gung-ho about giving toys away! (of course there was Mom, right behind him, "You can't get rid of that!" - oh well)


Now starts the organizing and adjusting. Wish us luck.



(and hey, I was automatically upgraded to a 52" Flat Screen - not too shabby ;)

1 comment:

TD said...

See? Move in with your guy and you get the awesome guy toys! :)