Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lots 'O Catching Up To Do!

We've been B U S Y !!


It's been awhile, I know. Shawn, Cole & I (and sometimes Anna) have just been busy, busy enjoying summertime! I may make this short - but sweet - just to get thru all of our happenings.

Where to begin??......

I'll start with REALLY good news, cuz good news is always fun!

~~~ SHAWN GOT THE GHIA STARTED !!!!


It was brief, it was a tad smokey, but IT WAS RUNNING!! Ohh... and she just purred like a kitten.... you know me, I had a super-duper Cheshire Cat grin on my face and a tear in my eye.

(My Ghia was *running*!?!!!!!!)

---> A highlight of Cole's was the Seahawks training camp that we went to on Aug. 3rd (also my bro's birthday!). He was in constant motion the minute we got there and he was just in AWE of the players. It's such a beautiful facility on gorgeous Lake Washington and we were so lucky to attend their first public practice!

The warm-up


Our newest 'Hawk - TJ "Hous-yo-mama". hehe.
(I don't think I'll ever be able to spell his name correctly)


Cole took this close-up photo right at the sidelines


Just the beginning of his signed football. The thing is COVERED now!


---> On another very happy note, our good friends Candice & Pete just welcomed their new little man on July 20th. CONNER was a healthy 11 pounds 2 ounces.

Yes, you heard me correctly. . . 11 pounds.

(I said the same thing, "poor mama!") But, of course, it was C-section and now mom & baby are doing just fine!

Congratulations Pete & Candice!
Conner & Candice - he is such a cutie!!

---> We got our actual SEAHAWKS SEASON TICKETS delivered also! Woo Hoo!!

After being on the waiting list for the past 3 years, Shawn finally got notification that we would be able to purchase season tickets!! So excited for fall & football season, just trying not to wish summer away too quickly. Go Hawks!!



---> Cole was on a fishing kick lately and since we are so close to the Tacoma waterfront, I decided to take him down to the dock and see what would happen. It'd be some nice bonding time too, either way.


"It's a LONG way down!"



He did end up catching a small salmon (YAY!) but ended up having to throw it back since it was so small. Bummer.


Shawn fishing on the Green River



Cole fishing on the Green River - and he caught something!!



Yum!

---> Also, I left Safeway. In all my years of customer service, I've never had to deal with "crazy" before. . . . . Never.

To make it short, although I was just a 'bagger', I don't need to be put up with being called a liar, questioning my integrity or accuse me of playing games.

I'm 35, not 16.

So once again, I'm looking. I know I'm more than qualified, it's just finding something that fits.

And that's your newest Wilson update - HAPPY SUMMER!

1 comment:

cami said...

Looks like a fun summer Bug!

Cara went to Seahawks practice, too, and her pictures look just like yours- any chance you ran into her there?? She's all cute and pregnant these days.

Stinks Safeway didn't work out, but you know the saying about doors and windows! Better things are coming.

We're finalizing plans for a trip to Seattle in October, I'll be in touch. Can't wait to see you!!!!!!