Friday, May 01, 2009

Danny Martin comes back "home"

For those fellow Decatur-ites out there, yes Dan (he's no longer 'Danny' or 'Danimal' - I guess we all have to grow up, don't we?) was in town for a few short days and I was lucky enough to catch up with him :)
Jennifer (Toohey) and her husband Ed threw a BBQ for Dan's old pals, still lingering in the Puget Sound area. We lucked out with decent weather and a good time was had by all!
What amazed me most was how you can meet up with old friends and have it feel like it was just yesterday that you saw them last, rather than 7 years..... is it like that with all friends? We sat and chatted about old times, new times, current events, kids, etc., etc..... Not at all like talking to a major big-wig in the Fashion Industry.
My favorite quote of his, "Naomi Campbell was always nice and never threw her phone at me"
Or his other one: "Here I am, rockin' the Capri Sun"
Gawd, I miss ya already.
The invite to come visit - especially for Fashion Week - is an offer I just may take you up on. I'd hate to go another 7 years without seeing you!
Check out his work:

"Danimal & Bug"



with friends Dan, Pete & Dan




No comments: