Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentimes

I know that's not the way it's pronounced, but having a kid around.... you just don't care! For him it's all about the candy and the parties. And not even so much eating the candy as just getting it. Half of it ends up, "Mama, you would like this one! I don't like it so much, but you will."

Cole gave me the sweetest (or should I say saltiest) Valentine to date......

I woke him up with a "Happy Valentine's Day, honey, time to get up". "Thanks mama," he replied and went out to watch cartoons while I got in the shower. Our normal, daily routine.

I'm drying off and I see the bathroom door open and Cole walking in saying, "Happy Valentime's, mama!"

He was holding a piece of bread.



Buttered.



With ketchup.



Awwwww........ A "ketchup sandwich" that I've eaten since I was a wee one like himself. He broke himself out of the cartoon coma to get the bread from the counter and the butter and ketchup from the fridge to make me a Valentine. (Heart melting to mush......)

"And it's red, mama, for Valentime's Day!", he said. What more could I ask for?

No comments: