Monday, August 14, 2006

Mt. Rainier

Me at the Carbon River Glacier

See that big blackish-grey thing? It's all one HUGE chunk of ice. Amazing in person - you just don't get the scope of it in photos.
I just love this uploading picture thing !! Shawn & I went hiking August 5th on Mt. Rainier up to the Carbon Glacier. I admit, it was a bit tough at first, me not being a regular hiker and all. But it was gorgeous and breathtaking and beautiful. All of natures gusto - BAM! right in front of you. But the bees..... ohhhh the bees...... I guess I was a little ripe and dang did they like me! Ugh!! I swear one must have followed me - circling around me - for 1/4 of a mile. "Just sting me already!!"

I'm SO ready to do it agian! This time with bug spray.


2 comments:

Hillary said...

Very cool! Sounds like a lot of fun. :)

cami said...

Look at you-you hot babe in nature, you!

Hey-I need to call you. But until I actually get a hold of you (um, hello...!?) I'll just say this: I'm coming up in October, and if I have to commit Felony Kidnapping, I WILL see you!